Friday, June 25, 2010

Our next adventure!

So, it looks like our "Spotty Spot Spots" is with child, or 8.... For those of you that feel the need to yell at me - it's been done! But, in my defensive, I DID take her to get fixed and the vet wouldn't do it - they said she had a fever and it would have to wait. Meaning, I would have to continually bring her back (of course paying the vet fee) to check to see if she was well enough to get the surgery. Well, in the mean time, cats continue to go into heat every 7-10 days until, well, you know... So, we fought against her to keep her inside, but things happen and, here we are!
So, here are some pics of Spots "before" and I'll try to update as things continue for her.
The timing is not an exact science, it's pregancy, AND, I wasn't there :-) - but a cat's gestation is 9 weeks, and I'm pretty sure that next week is week 6. So, we should be contributing to the over population of domesticated animals and have some kittens around the week of July 19th.
Let me know if you want one! :-)
It will be a fun learning experience and something we've never done before (and never plan to do again) :-) The girls are stoked and thankfully we already have some friends that want one!
I've been reading a lot about what to expect and what do when the kittens come, etc. Spots is a sweet cat and I think she will do fine. It's been interesting to read what others say about socializing kittens. I had suspisions that Spots was too young to leave her family when we got her, and I'm convinced now. There were many things she didn't learn or do well, until we got Romeo and he really helped make her a good cat. That being said, I'm looking forward to being able to socialize these kittens so they make good pets - it will be fun to love on them and teach the girls how to play with them, etc.
Good times ahead!



No comments:

Post a Comment