Wednesday, January 21, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things....

Of Course, My Man! Yes, he is cuddling with the dog... :-) My sweet love neice - isn't she just precious!?My neices and nephews along with my girls sportin' their new Santa hats... you can see how well a poised picture went... yep, that's Abigail covering her face - she was fine... being funny! :-)
Hangin' out with Papa, waiting for something thrilling to happen?
My Sis and butterflies - we had a great time at Selby Gardens with most of the family, playing around and gazing at all the lights and flowers, and just being silly!

Making cookies with the girlsOMIGOSH! What a stinkin cutie! First of all, she told me she had to be an angel when we opened Christmas presents with my mom, then I caught her dancing on film! LOVE IT!
Nate and I took the girls to Celebration, where they make it "snow" every hour - it was fun watching their faces, and although it was a little chilly, it was certainly not cold out - but as you'll see, Abigail insisted on wearing her snow hat during the blast - then promptly removed it when the snow stopped falling...Just being beautiful!
This was the first time the girls have ever seen snow. We were in Ohio for Thanksgiving with Nate's parents - and here we stopped at a shopping center on the way back to the airport. Nate was raking the snow off of outside table tops and showing it to the girls, letting them touch it, etc. It was stinkin cold, but the girls had a blast! Abigail frequently likes to play with Daddy, and she loves one game in particular... DORA! She likes Daddy to be Dora, while she is backpack (and whoever else around are the other characters - in this case, I was Boots and Daisy was the Map!) The game always starts with Daddy trying to be Backpack while Abigail is Dora, you can imagine how that goes... it's way too cute! This particular game was funny b/c Nate would throw Daisy's ball and wherever Daisy (AKA the Map) went, Dora and Backpack were sure to follow! :-) Good Times!This is AWESOME! A few weeks ago, I had had just about all I could handle right before Nate got home from work, so I took a magazine (and I think a glass of wine) out to the pool area - let the dog out back to run and the door open to the house so the girls could come and go. Of course, they did not "go" but hung out with me, jumping all around the chairs, laughing at Daisy, etc. It turned out to be a really nice change of pace - for all of us... Needless to say, for awhile after that Abigail kept asking if she could go "rest outside" The answer was usually not right now - but eventually, Maddie was taking a nap, and it was a nice day out - so I let her go, while I stayed inside and watched her - well, I thought the resting would last maybe 5 minutes or so... Not so, I think she was out there 15, maybe 20 minutes. She got her juice and a blanket (although, not cold out) - then came back in for her shades, and eventually her phone... like I said, it was AWESOME!!
We have been growing some flowers that Mimi gave the girls, we were having fun with one of the blooms that Maddie accidently pulled off!
The girls putting their mark on some Thank you cards! :-)






















4 comments:

  1. What a fantastic post!!! LOVE IT!!! Sweet girls...good times...great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family is so much fun...I can't wait to be able to do that with our families. Can Braylen be a favorite of yours even though you don't know her yet....hahaah...JK! She is my favorite for sure...along with my hubby and Addie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely! Her birth announcement stays on our fridge! We check her out MANY times a day! LOL Such the cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this Julie!! What a beautiful family and fun window into your life:D

    ReplyDelete